Interview with Author Nathaniel Danes

My guest today is Nathaniel Danes.  Hello!  Welcome to Writing in the Modern Age!  It’s great to meet you.  :) 

 



Can you tell us a little bit about your latest book? When did it come out? Where can we get it? 

 

http://bookgoodies.com/a/B00WKZ2F6A

My latest novel is The Last Revenge. It's book two in The Last Hero trilogy. It came out on April 30th and can be found on Amazon and is enrolled in the Kindle Unlimited program. 


Great! Is there anything that prompted your latest book?  Something that inspired you?

 

It comes from the same wellspring that fosters the entire series. This time, the main character goes down a darker path, driven by the deep emotion of a shattering loss. Love has the ability to inspire great good and evil. 

That's interesting, and very true.

 

So, when did you know you wanted to write? Or has it always been a pastime of yours?

 

The urge has always been there. My overactive imagination and I go way back, but I'm dyslexic on top of everything else so it took me a while to get a handle on the written word. College, grad school and a day job that demands a lot of writing sharpened my skill and once I could, I had to.
 

Do you have any favorite authors?

 

I've been reading a lot of work by modern military sci-fi authors such as Vaughn Heppner, B.V. Larson and Jay Allan. I enjoy the universes they create and hope to one day be mentioned in the same sentences as them. 

So, do you write in a specific place? Time of day?

 

I do most of my writing on the commuter train, on my iPad mini if you can believe that. Book two in the series in 94,500 words long and every single one was written with my thumps on my iPad mini. When I'm home, my 6 year old daughter tends to be very demanding of my time and make writing hard so I do what I can when I can. 

Are there any words you'd like to impart to fellow writers? Any advice?

 

Just to keep writing. I wrote five novels before I even began to submit my work to publishers and good thing that I did that because I learned a lot and my work developed. By the end of the self literary exodus, I went back to The Last Hero and did an extensive rewrite without which I doubt Solstice Publishing would've considered it. Remember: it's a marathon, not a sprint. 

Exactly. Those are wise words.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by to visit us today here at Writing in the Modern Age.  It was such a pleasure having you!  :) 
 
Readers, here is the blurb for The Last Revenge.

http://bookgoodies.com/a/B00WKZ2F6A




Blood demands blood.


Driven by grief to the darkest recesses of his soul, Trent Maxwell lives and fights for one reason, revenge.

As hidden agendas plot, Trent embarks on an unholy quest to marshal the forces he needs to exact the heavy toll his broken heart demands.

The largest fleets and armies ever assembled in space collide. A river of blood soaks the galaxy, but when is enough, enough?

Here is an excerpt from book one, The Last Hero.

Trent knelt down where Anna could throw her arms around his neck. She pulled against him tight and started crying again. Tears rolled down his face as he whispered, “I love you more than you can understand. I’m sorry.”
Her cries downed out his soft words.                 
After a minute, Trent summoned all of his strength to break free of her hold. Standing, he shared a look with Madison. She wrapped him in a loving, warm hug.  
This time she did the whispering, “Remember what I told you. Make them pay.”
He pulled away, nodding as he placed his hand on Anna’s sobbing head.
“I’ll see you both again someday. I promise.” The words bound him to a promise he wasn’t sure he could keep. 

Author Bio

Nathaniel Danes is a self-diagnosed sci-fi junkie and, according to his wife, has an overactive imagination. Mostly blind, he writes to create universes where he has no limitations. He lives with his wife and daughter in the Washington, D.C. area.

Links:




Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/9757568.Nathaniel_Danes

Books: 

http://bookgoodies.com/a/B00WKZ2F6A
 

http://bookgoodies.com/a/B00NI5UGPI
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A Character Interview with Dillon from MOUNTAIN BLAZE, plus a conversation with author Debby Grahl!

Today we're bringing something different to Writing in the Modern Age in the form of a character interview. These character interviews, ...