POETRY SPOTLIGHT: Honcho Mars on Love

Hi, readers!  We have a real treat in store for you today, a poetry spotlight.  In these poetry spotlights now and in the future, we will be showcasing poetry by some very talented poets.  These poets have graced us with their presence.  

With us today is poet Honcho Mars.  Here is a little taste of his romantic poetry. 



Echoes of the Heart




I whispered your name
Not for the world to hear
So my heart would know
The name that changed my life
She took my brokenness
She took the pain
She took all that was not me
Replaced it with her love
So you see
Without her I am just me
With her I am complete





Our Union

She was all things 
I feared
 A chaotic beauty
A beautiful suffering
An understanding
That even with all my flaws
She saw in me
What I saw in her
A chance
To make
The Moon and Sun
Jealous
Of the light
We would make
Combining
Two souls
Forged in chaos
In this thing we call love
Madness was our union.




My Dream

She gently
closed my eyes
 With her fingertips
Kissing each lid
Whispering
I'll see you
In your dreams
Little did she know
She was my dream

 
 
Your Love Is a Drug
Trying my best not to drown my sorrows away
Numbing myself from the wounds
Suffered from loving you
just a little too much
How did I allow this to happen?
Falling madly in love with you
Like a drug baby I am hooked
To detox myself from you
Is a coward’s way out
I'm going full speed on this high
The law is after me
a love like this has to be illegal
If so lock me away for this crime
I am guilty
Sentence me to hard time
They do not know what it is like
I can recall the Hard Times
That I did not have you in my life
I will not suffer another day without you
I need my fix
I need you
Your love is a drug

 
Created by Freepik
 

Through the Darkness


She led me
Through
The darkest days
Of my life
She was the light
That led me
To eternal
Happiness
For that
I shall forever
Cherish her
Not as an object
But as my
Soulmate




May Her Love


May her love and light

Grace the night sky
Mixing with the stars
Becoming a beacon of hope
In this life
Forever leading my broken heart
Through the days of beautiful suffering
A moment to boast
To say my love was with her
To say her heart I knew it well



Thanks for these love poems, Honcho! A pleasure to have you visit us on Writing in the Modern Age! :)
 
 


Poet Bio

  

Honcho Wolfgang Von Mars began his journey as a youth in San Antonio, Texas. Having a strong desire to join the music scene, he combined forces with his brother Michael Gonzales and they formed Kin of Cain, a local rap group. From there, he felt like his future was laid out before him. Searching for his voice, he found it in writing poetry.

Writing for three years now, Honcho believes poetry is a way to release built up emotions, which is why he founded Writers of the Storm, an online community of thousands of poets around the world. Currently, he is in the process of writing a poetry book. While he’s against promoting evil and hate, his main desire is to lighten up the darkness of the world with love and positive thoughts.


Links:
 

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/Honcho.Mars78
Instagram:  https://instagram.com/honcho_mars/
Poetry:  http://www.poetrysoup.com/poems_poets/poems_by_poet.aspx?ID=56991



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A Character Interview with Dillon from MOUNTAIN BLAZE, plus a conversation with author Debby Grahl!

Today we're bringing something different to Writing in the Modern Age in the form of a character interview. These character interviews, ...